"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of
- Isaac Newton
- GNU is not Unix - The website of the GNU project
- GNU is not Unix Philosophy - The philosophy section of the GNU project. Here you find some good articles about Free Software
- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) - The organisation behind the GNU Project
- The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE)
- Fellowship of the FSFE
- Fellowship Interviews
- DuckDuckGo - The search engine which respects your privacy
- Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure (FFII)
- Chaos Computer Club
- DRM.info - What everyone should know about DRM.
- Wandel der IT: Mehr als 20 Jahre Freie Software - A good Free Software article in German by Bernhard Reiter.
- Free as in Freedom - Richard Stallman's Crusade for Free Software
- Free Software, Free Society: Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman
- Freie Software Zwischen Privat- und Gemeineigentum
- Free Culture - Lawrence Lessig about the past, present and future of Culture (German translation)
- Code And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0 by Lawrence Lessig. (Please note: Lessig uses the term "intellectual property" in this book. I think this is not good. Please read the article Did You Say 'Intellectual Property'? It’s a Seductive Mirage by Richard M. Stallman.)
These speeches are good introductions to the philosophy of the Free Software movement.
- Richard Stallman: The Free Software Movement and the Future of Freedom (Audio, Transcript)
- Richard Stallman: Copyright and Globalization in the Age of Computer Networks (Audio, Transcript)
- Eben Moglen: Die Gedanken Sind Frei: The Free Software Movement and The Struggle for Freedom of Thought (Audio, Video, Transcript)
- Georg Greve: Google TechTalk about the Free Software Foundation Europe and its work (Video)