I give talks on various topics in the field of Free Software, Open Standards, copyright and about the political and social impact of computer science. Some of my slides can be found at Slideshare. If you are interested in similar talks feel free to get in contact with me. I give talks in English and in my mother tongue German.
Some talks I gave in the last few years:
- The history of the Free Software movement
- Copyright and other legal challenges with respect to Free Software
- What is Free Software and why should I care?
- Can Free Software improve privacy and security?
- Free Software is more than just a development model for software
- The importance of Free Software and Open Standards
- Challenges for freedom and privacy in the digital age
- Cloud computing and social networks - how to retain control over your data
This talks took place at various locations, including:
- SYSTEMS in Munich
- KDE release party in Stuttgart
- Software Freedom Day in Offenburg
- Stuttgart Open Fair 2010
- "Frühjahrsfestival zum Datenschutz" at the public library of Stuttgart
- Workshop at the "Landesjugendkongress" from the youth organisation of the German Green party
- Various Free Software conferences